By paying your deposit to book an event with Get Loose, you agree to all the following terms and conditions (Parts A & B).
Part A (The Key Points):
Bookings & Payment:
- Please refer to our Covid policy here.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your booking. The deposit is sometimes split into two installments to make it easy for you, but refer to the details in your booking confirmation.
- We will email you a booking confirmation with payment options and deadlines. Your booking is confirmed when your deposit is received.
- When making payment, use the reference number in your booking confirmation. If you do not use this reference number we will not register your payment and your booking will not be confirmed.
- You will receive an SMS notification when the deposit clears. This confirms your booking. Please check the mobile number listed in the booking confirmation is correct.
- The balance is payable in full no later than the date specified in the booking confirmation form (usually 10 days before your event). Any payments after this deadline are strictly subject to approval and will incur a late payment fee of $110.
- We do not send payment notifications for payments received after the initial deposit. You should assume your payments have been received unless you receive advice from us that any payments have not been received by their deadline. If you would like a payment update or receipt, simply request one.
- All payments are non-refundable. This is because we are making reservations for you, rejecting other bookings, and passing your payments onto suppliers immediately. We have a strict administrative process, so this is not negotiable.
- Some packages and experiences require a $500 bond (e.g. boats). Occasionally the bond will be $1,000. Refer to your booking confirmation for details. This serves as a reminder for all guests to behave, be mindful and respectful of our suppliers. This will be refunded after the event if no damage occurs. Please provide your account number in order for us to process the bond refund.
- The organiser is responsible for all bookings, ensuring that all payments are made on time and that all members of the group are aware of the booking terms and conditions.
- Dietary requests will be catered for. But we require them in writing, no later than the date of balance due so we can submit them to the suppliers on time. We cannot take dietary requests after the due date. We require a list of the corresponding guests’ names with each dietary request. Please note that we do not provide alternate menus in advance for dietary requests, but our suppliers will cater for dietary requests that are submitted by the deadline.
- If we have requested any information from you in the booking confirmation (e.g. transport time and address), please provide this no later than the date of balance due.
- If you need to make any changes or add any specific requests to your package please do so via email no later than the date of balance due, which is listed in the booking confirmation. Please take note of this date. You have until then to confirm the number of guests attending, make any changes to your package, submit any dietary requests, and make the final balance of payment.
- Any requests you have made with your enquiry prior to your booking confirmation must be re-submitted, as we do not record any requests during the enquiry stage.
- Should you have any queries about your booking, please note your booking confirmation number in the subject or content of all enquiries.
- All event staff are allocated by Get Loose. For operational reasons we do not allow clients to choose their own staff or the timing of entertainment.
- For events at licensed venues and boats providing alcohol, those venues and boats adhere to the responsible service of alcohol laws and reserve the right to refuse service to any guests that are unduly intoxicated or disorderly. This may include serving only one drink at a time to each guest, stalling the service of drinks temporarily, or stopping the service of drinks completely and terminating the event. No refunds are permitted so it is your responsibility to make the most of your event and have a good time.
- The capacity of venues and boats includes any hosts and entertainment you book as part of your package.
- The food and beverage menus are subject to change if suppliers need to change their menus, or if any items need to be substituted due to stock issues.
- For BYO Food boat bookings you are required to bring substantial food onboard for RSA requirements.
- Get Loose will not be liable if your transportation or entertainment is delayed due to traffic or other reasons beyond our control.
- We do not accommodate hummer colour or size requests. These are booked internally subject to availability.
- If you have Poker included with your event, the venues do not have gambling licenses and there is no cash exchanged.
- If a supplier changes an event schedule after a booking confirmation has been issued and before an event commences, we will notify you of that change. This occasionally applies to boat wharf bookings (up to 15 minutes earlier or later start time due to changes in wharf schedules).
- Events cannot be delayed or extended if any members of your group arrive late under any circumstance.
- If a supplier cancels a booking before the event commences, we will refund all payments you have made, and we also will do everything we can to make alternate arrangements for you within the event’s budget, but we will not be liable for any external costs that aren’t included in the booking.
- If you have a complimentary after-party included in your package, those venues reserve the right to refuse entry and we have no control over those venues or events in any capacity. We simply have an arrangement with those venues to offer our clients free entry, subject to time restrictions (refer to the relevant venue profiles for details). We will not be liable for any costs incurred by any guests at the venue.
- Whilst we appreciate you are a booking your party with us, our suppliers do not tolerate intoxicated or antisocial guests. There is no excuse, whatever the occasion, to behave like a fool. One’s bad behaviour can ruin the experience for all other paying guests and can damage our relationship with our suppliers, so we offer no apologies if your event is terminated due to bad behaviour. If you arrive at any of our venues intoxicated, you risk having your event cancelled and no refunds will be issued. If you suspect this will be a problem, please do not book your event with us.
- Get Loose operates as a booking agent on behalf of our suppliers. We choose our suppliers carefully to provide you with a hassle-free party planning service. We have no control over the business operation of our suppliers and are not responsible for anything beyond our duty as a booking agent and party planner. If you have any issues with our suppliers we will address them for you only within our capacity.
- You must, where informed by operators, adhere to all their Health and Safety requirements.
- You must inform us and all operators of any medical conditions that may affect your participation in the event.
- We can’t control the weather, activities may be postponed or cancelled but we will do everything to help in these situations.
Part B (The Nitty Gritty):
These Terms and Conditions set out our obligations to you (the client) and your commitments to us, Get Loose Pty Ltd (also trading as Get Loose Party Planning & Promotions). Your booking with us, electronic or otherwise together with the information contained in your booking confirmation issued by us, forms the basis of our contract with you.
Explanation of Terms
In these terms and conditions “we” and “us” means Get Loose Pty Ltd, ABN 51626435818 (also trading as Get Loose Party Planning & Promotions).
“You” means the event organiser who is the sole contact for your group booking with Get Loose Pty Ltd. By paying your booking deposit you are agreeing to these terms on behalf of each member in your group. If the booking is on behalf of a limited company “you” means the event organiser acting for that company.
“Event(s)” means all aspects of the group booking with Get Loose Pty Ltd.
“In writing” means by facsimile, email or letter, signed and dated.
“Force Majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, viral outbreak, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control or the control of the supplier concerned.
1. Booking and Payment Terms
1.1.1 Once you have confirmed your booking with us, paid your non-refundable deposit (refer to your booking confirmation form for the amount), a binding contract between us will come into existence. In the event we acknowledge your booking verbally prior to sending a confirmation letter, such acknowledgement will be an indication that we are dealing with your booking only and not a formal confirmation of it. By making your booking with us, you will be regarded as having read and understood our Terms and Conditions of Booking and to have actually done so before a contract between us came into existence.
1.1.2 Having read these terms and conditions, and acknowledging that you have done so by way of paying a deposit, You are formally accepting that you are now dealing with us on behalf of all other participants. If for any reason you require to hand-over responsibility of event organiser to someone else you must notify us in writing immediately. We cannot acknowledge this change of responsibility until we have received your formal advice in writing. You are liable for payment of the amounts due and responsible for collecting all monies and making payments to us by the due date. All people in your party must be over 18 years old, unless otherwise arranged with us. You may be required to provide proof of your age. Upon receipt of any confirmation letters, documents or invoices from us, you must check them and contact us at once if any information appears to be inaccurate or incomplete. It may not be possible to make changes after this time.
1.2 Payment of Amounts Due
1.2.1 You must pay the balance in full no later than the date listed in the booking confirmation, unless otherwise stated and agreed in writing. When payments are late, we shall always try to retain your events for you but in some cases this may not be possible. All details of total amount to be paid will be confirmed once the booking has been secured by the non-refundable deposit. Payments can be made using a valid credit card, bank transfer, PayPal or cash.
1.2.2 Should the balance not be received by us in time, we will inform you that the payment is overdue. At this time, if you do not make payment within 12 hours we will be entitled to treat your booking as cancelled by you and retain your payments.
1.3 Payment Protection We will hold your payments in a business account for payment as required by our suppliers for the various events.
1.4 Should your group booking numbers reduce after the deposit and final payment has been paid, the cost charged may be reviewed subject to our discretion. However if the full payment has not been made and your party number reduces, and your quote has been based on additional volume discounts, the final amount per head may increase slightly. We will always aim to avoid an increase in cost as far as possible, however any additional charges levied by our suppliers will be billed to you.
2.1.1 We reserve the right to terminate your event if your behaviour or that of any member(s) named in the booking is likely, in our opinion, to cause distress, damage, danger or annoyance to other customers, other members of the party, employees, property or anyone else who has a right to be on the site where the event is taking place. If you are prevented from traveling or participating in the event because we or any person in authority believes you to be unfit to travel or likely to cause discomfort to or disturb other participants, you will not be able to complete your events. We will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs you have to pay.
2.1.2 We cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others in your accommodation or any persons taking part in any event associated and/or in the same event environment which forms part of your event(s) or if any facilities or services are removed as a result of their action.
2.2 By accepting these terms and conditions you accept responsibility for the proper conduct of yourself and other members of your party during the period of your event(s). We or any of our nominated suppliers reserve the right to terminate any or all of your event(s) should any member of your party misbehave or act unreasonably. You are also liable to make reimbursements to the accommodation provider or other supplier for any damage caused during your visit. If you fail to act reasonably during the period of your event(s), you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. In some rare instances some suppliers may require a bond payment to cover potential damage. This bond will be refunded by the supplier when you leave the site provided that there is no damage to the supplier’s facilities.
2.3 You will ensure that all members of your party comply with all event timetables for your events. Failure to keep to the timetables may result in either discontinuation of the event(s) or cancellation of the event(s). We will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any costs that may be incurred by you as a result of your missing an event(s).
2.4 You will ensure all members of the party act at all times in a safe responsible manner and comply with all safety procedures be present and listen at all safety and information briefings which are relevant to the event(s) booked, make supervisors or any persons in authority immediately aware of any equipment or site deficiencies or concerns, dress suitably for any event as advised by our suppliers and observe and obey all laws, requests, conditions of use of any supplier, including accommodation and entertainment venues.
2.5 Many events and activities require a reasonable level of concentration. Unless advised by an operator the use of alcohol or illegal drugs or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs whilst participating in any event(s) is strictly forbidden. If you or any member of your party are caught using alcohol or drugs or fail to act in a safe responsible manner, the supplier reserves the right to cancel your participation forthwith. In this event we will not be liable to pay you any refund, compensation or any costs incurred by you.
3. Cancellation Policy
3.1 By You – Changes, Cancellations and No Shows
3.1.1 If you wish to change your booking we will try to comply with your requests but we cannot guarantee that changes can always be made. Where a change can be made, you will be charged for any extra costs incurred by ourselves and any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers – we will advise you immediately of any additional costs. Where the price of your event(s) depends on the number of people booked and extra people are added to the booking, the price will be reworked on the basis of the new number of people going and we will send you a revised booking confirmation. You will be required to pay the increased fees immediately if your events are within 10 days of the event(s).
3.1.2 If you wish to cancel all or any part of your booking, you should advise us immediately. There may be charges based on the losses we may incur should we be unable to withdraw from our obligations with our suppliers. If any member(s) of your group do not arrive to participate in any event during your activities, there will be no refund by Get Loose Pty Ltd. Any refunds agreed to will be at the discretion of the individual supplier in question via us.
3.1.3 Where any cancellation reduces the number of full paying party members below the number on which the price agreed for your booking was based, we will recalculate these items and send you a revised booking confirmation.
3.1.4 If you indicate that you may not be able to proceed with your booking before the date of balance due, we reserve the right to cancel your booking. This enables us to accept other bookings and avoid loss of revenue.
3.2 By Us – Changes and Cancellations
3.2.1 Very rarely we have to make changes to and correct errors on our website and other literature after bookings have been confirmed. In the worst case we may have to cancel confirmed bookings. Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. Please note most changes are minor, and only in extremely rare circumstances will a significant change or cancellation be likely to be made to a confirmed booking. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
- Accept the changes.
- Purchase alternatives from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available.
- Cancel or accept the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and quick refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will as a minimum where compensation is due pay you the compensation payments set out in the table above depending on the circumstances and when the significant change or cancellation is notified to you subject to the following exceptions.
3.2.2 Compensation will not be payable and no liability will be accepted where we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. Hence the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care where we have to cancel the event because the minimum number of persons required to operate has not been reached.
3.2.3 No compensation will be liable and the above options will not be available if we are forced by your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions.
3.2.4 Very rarely, after your event has commenced we or our suppliers may be forced by Force Majeure to change or cancel part or all of your event(s). If this does happen then we regret that we will be unable to provide any refunds or pay you any compensation for any losses or expenses you incur as a result. We will try to assist you to secure alternative or rescheduled event(s) but you will have to pay any associated and/or additional costs in doing so that arise out of any alternative or rescheduled event(s).
3.3 Please refer to our Covid policy here.
4. General Liability
4.1 Insurance We recommend that you take out adequate personal insurance for your protection. Such insurance should cover the cost of cancellation by you and/or any member of your party and the cost of assistance, including repatriation, in the event of illness or accident. Some of the events you may book are by their nature active outdoor events and while all normal risks are managed as far as practical some residual risk may remain and by participating in these events you assume the inherent risks involved. We cannot be responsible for injury or loss suffered by you or any of your party other than as expressly set out in these booking conditions. For this reason, we recommend that you be fully and adequately insured. Additionally, should you participate in events which do not form part of the event booked with us it should be understood that this is also at your own risk and it is your responsibility to obtain the relevant insurance. Please confirm with your Insurers that your insurance policy covers the activities you will be participating in.
4.2 Health Some of the events or activities you may book may require a reasonable level of fitness, strength and endurance. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate fitness level. Many outdoor events are not suitable for those with a disability, illness or infirmity. If you have an existing medical problem, allergies or disability which may affect your event, you must advise us the details of such condition before you make your booking. If in our reasonable opinion we believe that your chosen events are not suitable for you taking into account your medical problem or disability or you are not being accompanied by someone who could provide the assistance you may reasonably require we may need to refuse to accept the booking for your own safety. If we find out after you have made the booking that you have an existing medical problem or disability and you are not being accompanied by someone who could provide all the assistance you may reasonably require as referred to above and you have failed to give us this information at the time of booking, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and impose cancellation charges.
4.3 Special Requests If you have any special requests, you must advise us in writing at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to manage any reasonable requests with our supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met unless we have specifically confirmed this. For your own protection, you should obtain confirmation in writing from us that your request will be complied with (where it is possible for us to give this) if your request is important to you. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to review and availability.
4.3.2 Should any additional charge not included in the total price stated on our booking confirmation become payable (for example costs relating to a special request made by you), a revised booking confirmation will be sent to you showing the extra charge. Special requests made after the initial booking confirmation has been issued, will be billed separately. A separate booking confirmation will be issued.
4.3.3 On the chance our suppliers do not offer a commission to us, Get Loose Pty Ltd reserve the right to add a mark-up onto the suppliers pricing.
4.4 Pricing Policy Prices quoted to you at the time of your enquiry are correct to the best of our knowledge at that time. It is possible that prices may change before you actually book the event. We will advise you of any change in price or error of which we are aware at the earliest opportunity before you book with us. We reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in prices at any time before your event(s) are confirmed. Once your events have been confirmed to you by our booking confirmation then subject to other clauses in these booking conditions, the price will not change. However, if we make an obvious mistake in the booking confirmation such as an incorrect price or inclusion, we reserve the right to correct this any time and will not be liable for the cost of errors before or after the events if we can provide evidence of such errors.
4.5 Website and Quote Descriptions All website and quote descriptions are made in good faith and every care is taken to ensure their accuracy. However, errors may occasionally occur. We cannot accept any liability for any errors or omissions except where these have arisen due to our negligence or that of any our employees (as long as they were acting in the course of their employment at the time). We reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in our website and quotes at any time.
4.6 Weather Conditions As you will appreciate we have no control over the weather. The provision of favourable weather to allow you to take part in your chosen activities does not form part of our contractual obligations to you. The risk exists that you may be unable to take part in weather dependent activities due to poor weather. If this occurs, we will assist you to find alternative activities but please note these may only be available at an additional charge to you.
4.7 Force Majeure Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by Force Majeure. Additionally we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where you suffer any damage or loss as a result of Force Majeure.
5. Our Personal Liability
5.1 We take every care in selecting our suppliers and assure ourselves they will deliver you an exciting and enjoyable experience. Our agreement with you and the service we provide to you is to source and book the event for you. We have no responsibility for the provision of the actual events themselves or for the acts or omissions of the supplier(s) concerned or any of its employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors. Please note it is your responsibility to show that all reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us.
5.1.2 Please note: we do not exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of our negligence or that of our employees providing they were at the time acting within the course of their employment with us. Please note: Sub clauses (2) (7) below are all subject to and without prejudice to sub clause (1) above.
5.2 Get Loose may engage the service of independent contractors for events you book, such as strippers, dance instructors and other entertainers. Get Loose is not responsible for any damage caused by those contractors. Any legal disputes between you and those contractors is a matter between you and those contractors. Get Loose is not liable for any loss or claims for compensation that may result.
5.3 We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- The act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your event(s) and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
- Force Majeure
5.4 Please note we cannot accept responsibility for any service which does not form part of your event. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you that we have not booked for you. In addition, regardless of any wording used by us on our website, in any of our quotes or elsewhere, we only promise to use all reasonable skill and care as set out above and we do not have any greater or different liability to you.
5.5 The promises we make to you about the event we have agreed to source and book as part of our agreement – and the laws and regulations of the location in which your claim or complaint occurred – will be used as the basis for deciding whether the event(s) in question had been properly provided. If the particular event(s) which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those events at the time, the event will be treated as having been properly provided.
5.6 We limit the maximum amount we may have to pay you for any claims you may make against us. For all claims which do not involve death or personal injury, if we are found liable to you on any basis the maximum amount we will have to pay you is the same as what you paid in your booking (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges).
5.7 Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (a) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (b) which did not result from any breach of our agreement with you or other fault by ourselves or our employees. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
6. Complaints Procedure
6.1 Should you not be satisfied with any element of your event, you should notify the supplier of the event concerned immediately. If the problem still cannot be resolved, you should contact us as soon as possible. If you are not satisfied with the response of the event provider at the time of your event, you should write to us formally detailing the specific issue you had within 14 days of returning from your event, if your complaint or claim does not involve death or personal injury or illness or within 3 months of returning from your event if your complaint or claim involves death, personal injury or illness. As long as the above conditions have been observed, the matter will be investigated and a reply will be sent to you within four weeks of the receipt of the complaint.
As it is difficult and sometimes impossible to properly investigate a complaint if we are not advised about it at the time, any compensation you may have been able to claim could be reduced or even lost altogether if you do not follow the complaints procedure set out in this clause. In the unlikely event that you have to pay for an activity or for entrance to a venue booked through us where you had already paid us for this activity then you must collect a receipt and send it to us in order for us to reimburse those costs.
7. Terms and Conditions of Suppliers
7.1 Many of the services which make up your booking are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
8. Marketing & Promotions
8.1 Photos or video footage may be taken at your event by staff, contractors or suppliers of Get Loose. You acknowledge and agree that any such photos or video footage including any images of guests of your event may be used for marketing and promotions purposes.
8.2 Photos of venues, boats and other suppliers on the website are accurate at the time they were published. However they must be treated as indicative only, as our suppliers have the right to change the presentation of their businesses at any time, and Get Loose reserves the right to change suppliers if necessary.
9. Safety Standards
9.1 Please note it is the requirements and standards of the location in which any services which make up your event which apply to those services.
10. Rights of Third Parties
10.1 We both hereby exclude any rights that any other party may have in relation to this Agreement.
11. Law and Jurisdiction
11.1 This Agreement and all matters arising out of it shall be construed and governed according to Commonwealth law.
12.1 All pricing on our website, schedule, other documentation is in Australian Dollars ($) unless otherwise stated. All prices are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST) 10% unless otherwise stated.
If you have any questions regarding our Terms & Conditions, please contact us.